Valdez

(・ ω ・)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,633 posts
  • Gamertag:GFWL Valdez
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

Those guns might look better white. Wonder if Freelance can texture them (or at least show how it's done. If it's as easy as grasping the particle editor's fundamental concepts I could even give it a shot)

Posted Image

#102 Purified

Purified

Petrotopian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Gamertag:Purified100

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:14 AM

Finally got some neat stuff functioning:
First off, the H global transport now abducts things. (idea inspired by Stratigest)
Posted Image
on an additional note, a nother secret model has been used for an assembly walker hardpoint. atm I'm trying to get def rad beam working on it, also planning on getting a visible turret (the current one that should be in the middle is invisible and fires way farther up than expected)
Posted Image
GameFront page with various things I have released, where I have mods and map packs available! Click here!
Current uploads: Hierarchy's New Walkers mod, Hierarchy Mini Walkers mod, Modified Units mod, Map Pack 1 (4x maps), Map Pack 2 (3x maps), Map Pack 3 (5x maps), Bizarrio World, Map Pack 4 (4x maps), Global Territories Mod

#103 Valdez

Valdez

(・ ω ・)

• Members
  • 10,633 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:22 AM

The transport has an exact copy of the kamal abduct I presume?

I'm always unsure about activated abilities because I don't know if the relevant UI stuff like the icons and tooltips will transition over too, I've never really looked into that, otherwise I'd have swapped my Dervish's now-obsolete Death Bloom icon with the more suitable MiraBarrage icon.

Speaking of hidden models, ever delved into the Military stuff?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love how they have all these hi-tech dropships and BF2142-esque VTOL carriers while their artillery is still a relatively primitive towed gun :lol:

Posted Image

#104 Strategist

Strategist

Defiler! Fetch!

• Global Moderator
  • 3,407 posts
  • Gamertag:Strat N8
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:32 AM

View PostPurified, on Mar 18 2009, 02:14 AM, said:

trying to get def rad beam working on it, also planning on getting a visible turret (the current one that should be in the middle is invisible and fires way farther up than expected)
Posted Image

Ah! the Support Conduit. :)  

Maybe you should see if you can get the Research Conduit (Research Drone) functioning, since it has three turret bones that could be used. (I'd think a beam weapon like the Science walker would work well.)
Posted Image

#105 Purified

Purified

Petrotopian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:31 PM

View PostValdez, on Mar 18 2009, 12:22 AM, said:

Posted Image

I love how they have all these hi-tech dropships and BF2142-esque VTOL carriers while their artillery is still a relatively primitive towed gun :lol:

I managed to stumble on the artillery model, looked pretty awesome. I attempted to replace M sents with them but...
First it wouldn't shoot, second it was rolling around. (and I do mean rolling, along it's pitch, clipping through the ground, it was freaky.... :blink: ) I wonder whether I was doing the movements incorrectly or if the unit had been uncompleted. I'm thinking incomplete since the artillery used in uaw is a tank...

On the other hand, I found an old hardpoint for the science canter. It has been moved onto the VA instead for the FI upgrade.
Posted Image
And remember my Megaweapons topic and how I theorized about how the gray mass launcher might have a gun? It IS a gun! I even found through the viewer it was a fully functioning one too, all it needed where some weapon behaviors.
Truly the most epic gun ever in the game will be created. It replaces the puny EMP sw and costs 2500 per turret, they use high damage anti matter rounds at a large range, although needs sight to extend it to it's max.
Posted Image

Edited by Purified, 18 March 2009 - 06:01 PM.

GameFront page with various things I have released, where I have mods and map packs available! Click here!
Current uploads: Hierarchy's New Walkers mod, Hierarchy Mini Walkers mod, Modified Units mod, Map Pack 1 (4x maps), Map Pack 2 (3x maps), Map Pack 3 (5x maps), Bizarrio World, Map Pack 4 (4x maps), Global Territories Mod

#106 Valdez

Valdez

(・ ω ・)

• Members
  • 10,633 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

Damn I wish the gray mass launcher's turret were a hardpoint. would be nice to stick one on top of a Command Core or something...

btw that gun looks really anti climatic. So huge and epic and all that comes out is a little fleck of light :lol:

Edited by Valdez, 19 March 2009 - 12:23 AM.

Posted Image

#107 NebjuLogan_B

NebjuLogan_B

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Gamertag:NebyuloganB

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

U said u didn't know how to add a new unit, well, if this game works like Empire at War (the rts petroglyph made before uaw) does, then all u hav to do is create a copy of a unit's xml (or copy a unit's code into somewhere else in its xml or anohter unit's xml), then modify that making sure u giv it a new name, then add it to watever files contain xml lists (gameobjectfiles.xml and such).

#108 Strategist

Strategist

Defiler! Fetch!

• Global Moderator
  • 3,407 posts
  • Gamertag:Strat N8
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

It's very similar to Empire at War, though a few lines of code (such as pitch control for unit voices) do not work.

An easier way to  add units is to copy the proper opening/ending tags for a unit entry (for example, <X10_Alien_Units>) and create a new entry within an existing XML file. For example, the data for my Warp Drone (from the Modding Showcase) is in the Grunt's XML file.

So it should look like this:

<UNIT_XML>

*Data for existing unit*

<X10_Alien_Units Name= "Can_Be_Anything">

*Insert Unit Data*

</X10_Alien_Units>

</UNIT_XML>

As long as you place it before the end of the XML file it should work without making entries in the game_objects file. (Still need to make an entry in the Production Dependencies file to make it able to be built)

Edited by Stratigest, 16 April 2009 - 09:53 PM.

Posted Image

#109 NebjuLogan_B

NebjuLogan_B

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Gamertag:NebyuloganB

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

well i just took a look at page 2 of this thread and saw purified talking about how he did figure out the add unit thing, I tell ya six pages is just too much. btw, wher can I download this "the hierarchy's new walkers" mod ive read about?

#110 Valdez

Valdez

(・ ω ・)

• Members
  • 10,633 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

View PostNebjuLogan_B, on Apr 17 2009, 10:30 PM, said:

wher can I download this "the hierarchy's new walkers" mod ive read about?

Look at Purified's sig there's a link to his filefront account. Stuff is there.

Posted Image

#111 Purified

Purified

Petrotopian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

A few more things that have been added.
The Founder becomes kinda a standard unit, taking on the role of a titan. RM is now converted into variants.
Posted Image
Hm...that giant disk would lok really good as Kamal's AA blast, kinda.
Think you can do that Valdez? and you can really buff up Kamal's AA push back/attack along with it too, making him a good AA unit (atm he's kinda meh)

Meanwhile, the M supership has some neat new stuff going on. The attack has been changed to rapid fire SL bolts rather than a spread. (since SLs already have that)
Also the ship is now capable of uploading and downloading units like Vertigo. Hence the ships can bring things like pbs into battle (and drop them on stuff to insta crush)
Posted Image

#112 Valdez

Valdez

(・ ω ・)

• Members
  • 10,633 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:11 AM

Giant Foudner remidns me of Mega Manhattan in the Watchmen film :D

I've tried looking for the particle model for Kamal's AA attack before (since it's a circular heat distortion wave, I wanted to see if I can adapt it for the amplifier to have a stream of "sonic" waves surrounding the beam)

Sadly the visuals for his AA attack seem to be a part of his unit model (can see it under his ATTACK_SPECIAL_B_00 animation using mike's alo viewer)

In fact the giant disk for the Founder is probably also part of his unit model, since you can see that the disk enlarges together with the Founder. However I have actually succeeded in finding the particle model that is used in the Foudner's prowess punch, it is the file called pp_NH_foudner_punch

...the problem is I don't know how to mod such a thing to actually face the target in the intended direction so if I were to add a particlesystem entry for Kamal's AA attack, most likely the disk will be horizontal and it will look sort of like the Amplifier's harmonic pulse.

Note that if the disk seen in-game were not part of Founder's unit model, it wouldn't have enlarged (a good example is the saucer, if you scale up the Saucer model, the Foo orbs do not enlarge because they are separate particle models). I presume the devs inserted the disk directly into the model so that it can be tweaked to face the proper direction instead of being always horizontal.

For Kamal I was considering whether or not to let his AA attack be similar to the Gravitic Manipulator's beckon attack which drags units to the ground, however Nufai's Tendrils already does that... maybe I'll try increasing the knockback... did that with prowess founder once and he punched a constructor across a river to land on the other side. it was so funny.

Posted Image

#113 KingAlberich

KingAlberich

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Gamertag:King_Alberich

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

Dude you are a freaking amazing modder  :zorro: :o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users