#1 Freno

Freno

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 08:50 AM

Halo: First Offensive

In this mod, you will have many choices over where, when, and how you will fight. Will you fight them in space? Or will you fight them on the ground? Will you defend Earth against the ever slimming odds of victory? Or will you destroy the humans last remaining human colonies, and inevitably... Earth...

How Will You Fight?

Halo: First Offensive is a Total Conversion Mod for the ever-popular game Star Wars: Empire At War, bringing the Halo Universe to EaW. Everything is going to be redone and overhauled to portrait the Halo Universe perfectly.

Forums
http://eawnexus.com/...hp?showforum=75
http://www.petroglyp...hp?showforum=76

Moddb
http://mods.moddb.co...irst-offensive/

Site
http://halo.eawnexus.com
(Undergoing server problems, so our old site is back up for the time being... apologies!)

Random picture of the week - Posted Image
-Changes on a weekly basis-

Adios,
Freno

This mod is no way affiliated with Bungie or Lucasarts. This is a non-profit fan-made project.

Edited by Freno, 06 December 2006 - 06:40 AM.

#2 sh0td0wn

sh0td0wn

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:31 AM

i would like the play this mod when it comes out.
Posted Image

#3 Freno

Freno

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 07:19 PM

Always nice to hear. ;)

#4 Stargazer

Stargazer

Ascended Petrotopian

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:50 AM

models look high poly...

but anywayz, pwnage job so far.

I would say more, but i'm afraid my post would get edited for sexual innuendo like with the garlic-lower area thing...

GL

Mike.nl: NOW I'M VALDEZ
Mike.nl: HEY STAR-CHAN, HOW-CHAN IS-CHAN UNI-CHAN-KITTY-CHAN?

#5 Farfalo

Farfalo

Support the Troops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:19 AM

Freno, ya' gotta learn to unsmooth things :p
Posted Image

#6 TheDude

TheDude

Gus the Celibate Walrus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,289 posts
  • Gamertag:PyroNinja42
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:45 AM

I'm sorry to say this, but you should stop doing this mod. There was this mod for Generals called Halogen(Halo Generals) and it was closed down my Microsoft. They did this because of Halo Wars which is going to be coming out next year for the 360.
Sorry guys.
"Slavery: Why unions back then wouldn't have worked"
-Mike.Nl

#7 Farfalo

Farfalo

Support the Troops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:01 AM

View PostDoomtrooper45, on Nov 22 2006, 12:45 PM, said:

I'm sorry to say this, but you should stop doing this mod. There was this mod for Generals called Halogen(Halo Generals) and it was closed down my Microsoft. They did this because of Halo Wars which is going to be coming out next year for the 360.
Sorry guys.

You should stop worrying.  Halo Wars is NOT space-oriented.  HFO has space in it.  Microsoft wouldn't shut them down unless they thought that 4 people could beat one of the most professional teams in the world, in the opinions of a lot of people.
Posted Image

#8 Stargazer

Stargazer

Ascended Petrotopian

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:02 AM

View PostDoomtrooper45, on Nov 22 2006, 12:45 PM, said:

Sorry guys.

i'm sure microsoft can't close this down because this has space battles meaning it is a mix of original units created by the team and a little bit of halo stuff.

GL

Mike.nl: NOW I'M VALDEZ
Mike.nl: HEY STAR-CHAN, HOW-CHAN IS-CHAN UNI-CHAN-KITTY-CHAN?

#9 Freno

Freno

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

View PostDoomtrooper45, on Nov 22 2006, 10:45 PM, said:

Sorry guys.

We've heard it all before, and if there wasn't any reason to continue this mod, we wouldn't. I took the liberty to speak to some of the devs on the Halo Wars forums, and like Farfalo said, we have a mix of units which gives us a different tangent to Halo Wars.

#10 StickDeath

StickDeath

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Gamertag:More2Burn

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:59 PM

no offense to the mod team or anyone, but I think this mod should be shut down because people need to come up with their own ideas, not just for units, but for EVERYTHING.

you guys should stop stealing some1 else's intellectual property, it is just bad period.

Edited by StickDeath, 22 November 2006 - 05:00 PM.

Jeff Brown; Ronald Reagan; George Orwell said:

As video games continue to take audiences away from television, we expect to see more TV news stories warning parents about the corrupting influence of interactive entertainment. But this represents a new level of recklessness. Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Lo there do I see my father
Lo there do I see my mother
my sisters and my brothers

Lo there do I see the line of
my people back to the beginning

Lo they do call to me
They bid me take my place among
them in the halls of Vallhalla
Where the brave may live forever

#11 Shard

Shard

Petrotopian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:28 PM

I got an idea, How about leaving them alone, Theyre not stealing anything they're making something they think would be awesome...and by your logic the entire modding community is bad...No offense? Thats a bit of an understatement that offended me and im not even on the team, Please go away.
Posted Image
Halo Wars > Star Craft 2 > UAW.
z3r0 says:
i mean im starting to think he uses a speech to text tool
z3r0 says:
if you asked him if it was raining outside he would respond with a 900 page discertation on the rain and its molecules and how its affecting the **** beetle in kenya

#12 Action Jackson!

Action Jackson!

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Location:I stand among a thousand angry gophers, and I am their king.

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:41 PM

View PostStickDeath, on Nov 22 2006, 04:59 PM, said:

no offense to the mod team or anyone, but I think this mod should be shut down because people need to come up with their own ideas, not just for units, but for EVERYTHING.

you guys should stop stealing some1 else's intellectual property, it is just bad period.

We'll start as soon as you stop using the internet, given that it's full of other people's intellectual property.
Posted Image

#13 Shard

Shard

Petrotopian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:42 PM

And How dare you, You're Supporting Trek wars (not that theres anything wrong with it) And yet this is stealing intellectual property, You ######ing hypocrite.
Posted Image
z3r0 says:
z3r0 says:
if you asked him if it was raining outside he would respond with a 900 page discertation on the rain and its molecules and how its affecting the **** beetle in kenya

#14 Foshjedi2004

Foshjedi2004

• Community Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Gamertag:RaidenFJ

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:47 PM

Guys.. Guys.. Please Calm Down

This should be solved over PM not in blatent forum viewing.

Posted Image

~ PF Moderator 2006-2009 ~

#15 Raziel Kanos

Raziel Kanos

Mandalorian Warlord

• Community Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • Fav. Game:

I am reacting a bit allergic to the word "stealling"

They are doing a fan projects, and i think many many fans are really looking forward to this project.
Maybe you don't like the project or you have a problem with modding at all, I don't know.
If you are a fan of a series, wouldn't you love to play a game about it too?
Posted Image
Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
A single click brings to you my blog

#16 Wildcat

Wildcat

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

They aren't stealing dude. Stealing is claiming that they created Halo, and that's not what they did. They are fully acknowledging that Halo came from Bungie (and MSoft).
AoSW Modeler/Texture Artist/Infantry Animator

#17 StickDeath

StickDeath

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Gamertag:More2Burn

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:49 PM

it seems everybody that posted after me, other than foshjedi, really like to blowing their own horns don't ya, ya CENSORED. i stat my opinion and you guys come out swinging. and where did i say i support Trek Wars, I gave Raziel some links so he can know what the other posters in his topic are talking about, he said he didn't know what MVAM was, so I gave him a link to an article on it, THAT IS NOT SUPPORTING HIS MOD!

OH, AND BESIDES BEING MAJOR CENSOREDON INTERNET FORUMS, WHAT ELSE DO YOU GUYS DO WITH YOUR LIVES, ME, I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF THE UNITED STATES ARMY, I MEAN I HOPE YOU GUYS AREN'T CENSOREDTO PEOPLE YOU KNOW IN REAL LIFE.

Use the censored word again and we two might have a problem. You got a waring. Administration

Edited by Raziel Kanos, 22 November 2006 - 05:59 PM.

Jeff Brown; Ronald Reagan; George Orwell said:

As video games continue to take audiences away from television, we expect to see more TV news stories warning parents about the corrupting influence of interactive entertainment. But this represents a new level of recklessness. Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Lo there do I see my father
Lo there do I see my mother
my sisters and my brothers

Lo there do I see the line of
my people back to the beginning

Lo they do call to me
They bid me take my place among
them in the halls of Vallhalla
Where the brave may live forever

#18 Action Jackson!

Action Jackson!

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Location:I stand among a thousand angry gophers, and I am their king.

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:51 PM

View PostStickDeath, on Nov 22 2006, 05:49 PM, said:

shard, and action jackson, you guys really like blowing your own horns don't ya, ya assholes. i stat my opinion and you guys come out swinging. and where did i say i support Trek Wars, I gave Raziel some links so he can know what the other posters in his topic are talking about, he said he didn't know what MVAM was, so I gave him a link to an article on it, THAT IS NOT SUPPORTING HIS MOD!

An opinion generally requires something backing it up. You accuse us of stealing, but fail to specify what. Beyond basing it on a microsoft game, we haven't touched anyone elses property.

Oh, and that signature? Made by another dude. That's his intellectual property, in other words. Better get rid of it.
Posted Image

#19 Shard

Shard

Petrotopian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:51 PM

Blowing our horns? We're sticking up for eachother more like it, And if theyre stealing intellectual property why did you give them links? Thats helping them "Steal intellectual property".
Posted Image
z3r0 says:
z3r0 says:

#20 Foshjedi2004

Foshjedi2004

• Community Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Gamertag:RaidenFJ

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:57 PM

Guys... C'mon, we're a community here.

Why all this bickering?

Posted Image

~ PF Moderator 2006-2009 ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic