ArmA II Official Site (Coming June 09):
edit:(added demo link)
* DX9 Engine incorporating many of the latest features, including High Dynamic Range rendering
* Fully streaming game engine allowing extremely large environments loaded with various special effects
* New huge sized battlefield (landmass exceeds that of all islands from Flashpoint & Resistance combined)
* Dynamic weather and daytime simulation (including tides and star constellations)
* Ambient wildlife
* Large selection of weapons and vehicles
* Unique and proven combatant's AI
* ArmA's campaign features a brand new story-line, with a modern day setting
* Campaign's setting and events inspired by real world events, military strategies and political doctrines
* 60+ player multiplayer (plus additional AI), players can join at any time in large, persistent battles.
* Cooperative game modes
Looks nice and even if it isn't a flight sim, it does contain planes . I checked out Operation Flashpoint and seem to prefer this game over it. When I see the ArmA 1 in stores I'll grab it and hope it still runs on my computer. Well, if I do get it whos willing to join me in some ArmA fun? ArmA 2 will come out in June so we got enough time to play the first:P. Once I master the planes it be sweet, but ya I need to acquire the game first.
If its a more opened ended world then I'm all up for it (as in no time limit and more like Counter Strike played out with lives).
I'll check out the modding community and more information on this game tomorrow.....