I'm sure by now most people that look around here are aware by now that BioWare is making a new MMORPG named "Star Wars: The Old Republic".
Trailer of Epic-ness
Gamecon 2009 Walkthrough:
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLgdzZHxqjo&feature=channel
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIFrtjCTJjo&feature=channel
Bounty Hunter (Empire):
Class Page: http://www.swtor.com...s/bounty-hunter
Sith Warrior (Empire):
Class Page: http://www.swtor.com...es/sith-warrior
Class Page: http://www.swtor.com...classes/trooper
Class Page: http://www.swtor.com...lasses/smuggler
Short video: http://www.swtor.com...lips/smuggler-2
Jedi Knight (Republic):
Class Page: http://www.swtor.com...ses/jedi-knight
Jedi Consular (Republic):
Imperial Agent (Empire):
Sith Inquisitor (Empire):
Diverse Worlds: http://www.swtor.com.../devdispatch002
Quite ambitious of BioWare, every encounter will have a dialogue where each choice has a different result. (Ala Mass Effect style). Never done before in a MMO.
As far as I am aware, this hasn't been seen in a MMORPG before either. A cover system.
As you advance, based on your decisions, you gain 'dark side' or 'light side' points. (Not sure if those are the exact names). Basically moral choices. This counts for all classes, thus Sith Warriors aren't bound to being pure evil only.
Some information. (Full thread here: http://www.swtor.com...ad.php?t=44704)
General & World Experience
* How "good" or "evil" you are is based on LS/DS points (link)
* All classes playable as both male and female. (link [see video])
* Experience based character leveling system. (link)
* "You can also try to go down a more "gray" path, much like Qui-Gon Jinn." (link)
* Free jumping (link)
* There will be other playable races outside of human. (link)
* There will be "branches" within classes. (link)
Confirmed aspects of the combat system.
* WASD movement with both mouse click and number hit ability activation. (link)
* Multiple enemies in encounters in non-instanced areas, fighting concurrently. (Video Doc)
* "Mana" & "Action Point" style systems for Jedi/Sith (link)
* At least some abilities are ranked (rank 1, rank 2, etc) (Video Doc "force choke rank one")
* Combat Log exists on UI(Video Doc)
* There are ability "limitations/unlocks" based light side, dark side, or "gray". (link)
Confirmed Equipment details
o Companions will be in game, tradeable, "and you can romance, and befriend or betray."-James Ohlen (link)
o Blaster-Rifles have attachments. (Holonet) [Trooper]
o Pistols can be dual wielded. (Holonet) [Smuggler]
o Lightsabers will change throughout your level progression, you will "not end up with the same lightsaber you started off with" (link) [Jedi/Sith]
o Lightsabers can be dual wielded and looted. (link) [Jedi/Sith]
Confirmed Generic Abilities available to classes with access to associated categorization
o All classes will have an out of combat heal. (link)
o "Players will be able to use weapons to put their targets back into the correct range for their primary weapon skill, [...] A stun for example, so you can run up and engage in close combat or move further away for ranged combat." (link)
* Force User Specific
o [Passive] Lightsaber blaster deflection is a passive ability. (link)
o [Melee] Force Jump into combat (link)
o [Unlock] Dual Wielding lightsabers will unlock unique DW only abilities (link)
PvP (Full article: http://www.tentonham...com/node/47133)
James: There will be PvP in the game There's a reason why we decided to build two factions into the game,
The game is called Star *Wars*. We're always thinking about that. It's always about war. It's always about conflict. When the writers are penning the story, we always try to remind them that this is Star Wars. It's about the wars, and the conflict.
Think about the movies, that's what is exciting about them. Any sort of PvP mechanic we have we want to make feel like Star Wars. There are definitely certain things that that means....that I really can't talk about. *laughs*
Edited by Caescen, 28 November 2009 - 07:40 AM.