vOdToasT

UaW Petro Leader

• Community Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Gamertag:vOdToasT
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

That would be a Cl@$$1C. "I beat you, I have nothing to prove". And then dodge forever.

Edited by vOdToasT, 18 March 2010 - 07:00 PM.

#22 JAGX

JAGX

Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Gamertag:JAGX 387
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

I'll try and show up for your little cup.  I don't know who is going to beat me though, as most of your silly friends seem to think you're the best, and I steamrolled you no problem.  So if my schedule permits, I'll play in it.

It's 5:00 Est by my count right?  I probably won't be home til like 7:00 or 8:00, or I can play before 1:00.  If that fails, I'll gladly meet you online again...
Somebody's got to be the villain.

#23 vOdToasT

vOdToasT

UaW Petro Leader

• Community Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Gamertag:vOdToasT
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:05 PM

It lasts for a week, so even if you can't show up for when it starts, you have a week to organize and play through your games.

#24 volcaniclostone

volcaniclostone

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Gamertag:volcaniclostone

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

View PostJAGX, on 18 March 2010 - 06:41 AM, said:

After all of these years I'm coming back to this game, but still, no challengers to be seen who really know the nuisances of the game.  If anyone here wants to see how to dominate with any race, please post here and FR me:  JAGX 387.

Take tips from the top player, and get better!

OMG such arrogance!!!!!

View PostJAGX, on 18 March 2010 - 01:08 PM, said:

Play me and see what happens... or better yet, ask the guy below you.

You're just a sore loser, same as General Von.

I beat you like three times, with ease, and all you can to is ad hominem attack me and no comments on my skill, because I can school you any day of the week as we proved.  Secondly, the only reason your ranked No. 2 is because NOBODY good plays this game anymore, it's easy to slam on newbs who don't know how to play.  And frankly, you need training just as much as anyone else.  You're build orders are laughable and you don't make the right units.

This was meant to be a constructive thread but people who forum troll (and rarely ever play this game) or people who wish they were ranked higher but don't have the skills to beat old school players, have to come in and ruin it.

Either contribute to the community or shut up.

Man you are a joke, you come back after who knows when and you proclaim that youíre the best, and there are no good players to be seen. Whatís wrong with you? I been playing this game for over 2 years non stop and I have seen great players come and go. Donít disrespect the players that have played the game when you didnít.

For your information we (Pur,Alex,Vic & I) have always welcomed new players in our group and we helped them with their game. We had many awesome 4v4, 3v3 and 2v2 but you would have known that if you had joined in instead of writing this crap. What really matters the most is that the players have fun and they come back for more action.

I had stopped doing ranked games due cheaters like you (sorry man I saw the replays where you DC) I'm happy with my 100 wins and 14 losses. Rank means nothing itís the AKNOWLEDMENT of other players that counts more!!!!

Donít take this the wrong way but you are having a go at Vod for his trash talk and so on, but at the same time you are doing the same thing which is sad. Sorry man but to me you are just a newbie just like Vod.

View PostJAGX, on 18 March 2010 - 01:08 PM, said:

Either contribute to the community or shut up.
Vod did lot more for the community than you, at least he is trying and he is doing a mighty job of that!

#25 JAGX

JAGX

Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Gamertag:JAGX 387
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

View Postvolcaniclostone, on 18 March 2010 - 09:10 PM, said:

OMG such arrogance!!!!!

Man you are a joke, you come back after who knows when and you proclaim that you’re the best, and there are no good players to be seen. What’s wrong with you? I been playing this game for over 2 years non stop and I have seen great players come and go. Don’t disrespect the players that have played the game when you didn’t.

For your information we (Pur,Alex,Vic & I) have always welcomed new players in our group and we helped them with their game. We had many awesome 4v4, 3v3 and 2v2 but you would have known that if you had joined in instead of writing this crap. What really matters the most is that the players have fun and they come back for more action.

I had stopped doing ranked games due cheaters like you (sorry man I saw the replays where you DC) I'm happy with my 100 wins and 14 losses. Rank means nothing it’s the AKNOWLEDMENT of other players that counts more!!!!

Don’t take this the wrong way but you are having a go at Vod for his trash talk and so on, but at the same time you are doing the same thing which is sad. Sorry man but to me you are just a newbie just like Vod.

Vod did lot more for the community than you, at least he is trying and he is doing a mighty job of that!

Search the forums, I tried to organize tournaments in the past too, even made podcasts and everything (even campaigned against cheating, until I realized petro wasn't going to fix it and had to make best with what I had), but the community is basically dead so...

And I know you, Alex and Vod are all buds so I don't expect much sympathy, but I'm not a newbie.  Judge me for dc, judge me for stealing a candy bar when I was a kid, don't respect me as a person [idc, as we'll never meet and I'm more than a videogame] but it doesn't matter one bit to me because I know I'm better than most if not everyone whose posting here and I can prove it.  It was meant as no disrespect, but if some people are too insecure to admit that they could use some help from a superior player, then I pity them, and look forward to stomping thearrogant newcomers ('your group') with old school tactics, in your own tournament.

So you guys can continue to flame away, but I'm not going anywhere, and it's all talk until someone mans up and actually proves something.  And you say I'm arrogant?  You even admit there are "no good players" around, of course I can assert that I'm better than those people you are referring to, and I'll gladly play any other champions you have.

Honestly, I'd have a little respect for you guys, if you weren't so full of it, making threads like 'Present vs Past players, who is better?'  You're just puffing yourselves up; but believe me, there were MUCH better players than you guys around here.  If Vod was the best of you and I stomped him with such ease, then you guys can stop hating on all the old school players because you just look silly.

Edited by JAGX, 18 March 2010 - 09:30 PM.

Somebody's got to be the villain.

#26 AlexRuiz

AlexRuiz

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Gamertag:AlexPapaHippo

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

Hey Volc, I already replied to him in another thread. I am looking forward of being "whooped" by him. I must admit however that he knows how to get attention, and maybe that is what he is craving...

Hey Vod, in the thread of the best player, while Saphri said it was you, you noticed I didn't. I am not ready to crown you for a while and you know why. While you have probably the most natural skill of us all, you are still learning a lot of tricks. When we play custom, is also to share tricks and strategies. We post replays not only to show good games, but also to show strategies and counters. We also share the tricks and counters to almost any strat in game. If you had watched a few of our replays, you would have figured out how Pur counters mag walkers. It is even hilarious see them become a non factor. I even told you to be aware if you go heavy in ohms of units that will render them useless.

Download some of the replays and watch them. Pur, Volc and myself even comment on them and point to good and bad things. Play more custom with us. Your style was surprising to us as your micro is amazing, but you have discovered it is only a part of the puzzle.

We post our replays to help the players become better, learn form the mistakes. As example, I will post a custom game that we had as 3 vs 3 (rogueslicer, Saphri and you vs UAW novus, Vic and me) The game was effectively a 2 vs 2, as 2 players didn't do a lot. You played as you do always, but you discovered quickly of how the right units are needed. Despite the fact that I had a powerful and proper army, I barely made damage to your units as Vic was killing them so fast I couldn't even get a share of the action. He had the right units for what you had, so he was having no trouble killing your units despite your superior numbers.

Regarding "everybody's friend" I am sure he will show up. ;) His ego and need for attention won't let him avoid it. He won't risk his ranked spot as I am sure we will play as conquer the world against him. What I don't know is how many loses it will take for him to stop showing up, I mean, to decide you are no longer worthy of a match against him, :P I was excited that he joined to play as I had respect for him. Now I am excited for the "whooping" I'll get :P

So, people attending, get ready. If "everybody's friend" plays his best faction (as I am sure he will) he always goes quantum research first + assy. Plan to see the stuff of that branch early, but be alert as he can change.

Vod, watch some replays, you will need all the tricks. Ask Pur, Volc or me any question.
We play to have a blast, and to have a blast good players are needed, so we always share tricks. I know I will play some skirmishes to get familiar with the maps. That is the only downside of custom, there are maps don't play so we barely know them.

Alex
PS. popcorn, lawnchair, pop... what am I missing?

#27 volcaniclostone

volcaniclostone

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:11 PM

Well I don’t even know Vod, I’ve never ever played him I just saw his replays and they are quite cool. I have never said he is the best. Pur is the best followed by me or Alex. To be honest I don’t even know where you got Vod from. But Vod does impress me though to get into the game just by playing less than a month he is lot better than I was. Bag him all you like I don’t really care but I promise you wont even touch him once he fully gets the concept of the game.

Past vs. present was a good topic because we had great players that came and went into the game so don’t disrespect them and if you actually read the topic it was mainly to argue the evolution of the game and the different strategies that were around.

LOL old school tact.
I dont have to say more.

Edited by volcaniclostone, 18 March 2010 - 10:17 PM.

#28 AlexRuiz

AlexRuiz

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:34 PM

View PostJAGX, on 18 March 2010 - 09:28 PM, said:

Search the forums, I tried to organize tournaments in the past too, even made podcasts and everything (even campaigned against cheating, until I realized petro wasn't going to fix it and had to make best with what I had), but the community is basically dead so...

And I know you, Alex and Vod are all buds so I don't expect much sympathy, but I'm not a newbie.  Judge me for dc, judge me for stealing a candy bar when I was a kid, don't respect me as a person [idc, as we'll never meet and I'm more than a videogame] but it doesn't matter one bit to me because I know I'm better than most if not everyone whose posting here and I can prove it.  It was meant as no disrespect, but if some people are too insecure to admit that they could use some help from a superior player, then I pity them, and look forward to stomping thearrogant newcomers ('your group') with old school tactics, in your own tournament.

So you guys can continue to flame away, but I'm not going anywhere, and it's all talk until someone mans up and actually proves something.  And you say I'm arrogant?  You even admit there are "no good players" around, of course I can assert that I'm better than those people you are referring to, and I'll gladly play any other champions you have.

Honestly, I'd have a little respect for you guys, if you weren't so full of it, making threads like 'Present vs Past players, who is better?'  You're just puffing yourselves up; but believe me, there were MUCH better players than you guys around here.  If Vod was the best of you and I stomped him with such ease, then you guys can stop hating on all the old school players because you just look silly.

"Everybody's friend" is here... :P

You got some little facts wrong here... We haven't crowned Vod as the best of us, and we won't in a while. He has the best micro around, and probably the most natural talent, as you admitted yourself, but you also showed that knowledge of the game, units and tactics matter even more. By beating Vod, you in fact proved a point Volc and I have been making all along: macro >> micro

The good news for Vod is that good macro is given with experience and knowledge, so he will get it.

We are so full of it? Probably, but no more than you. The players of old school were good, we have never denied it. However, like many other things, the situations evolve. The old schools tactics are learned, and improved.

I would love to tell you I am a newcomer, but I am not. Problem is, some of us "newcomers" have been playing for almost 2 years and still keep playing, so even someone like me who lacks natural talent will get very good and learn a lot of tricks.

We were the ones keeping the game alive for several moths. In fact, by you playing in the tourney we will have 3 generations: the old school (you) the mid age (volc and me) and the real newcomers (Vod, Perfi, Saphri)

Furthermore, because we "mid age" players play only custom, we didn't learn that there was this hot shot new player slicing through the ranks like butter until like a month ago... that should tell you how much we care about the "hard earned victories in ranked"  :rolleyes:

We play to have fun, but a game when one team or player stomps the other is not fun. That is why we play custom, with the best ones around. And that is why we help the newer players, as having better players leads to better games, which are more fun. I cannot tell you how many games I lost vs Pur's or Volc's teams in custom that were so intense, filled with surprises and interesting tactics that I enjoyed those games much more than if my team had won. Even better, they made me improve as player :P

And no, you won't have to beat a champion, you will have to become the champion, and to do so you will have to beat everyone. I know you will enjoy it, nothing like "stomping on the arrogant newcomers with old school tactics"

Alex

#29 Saphri

Saphri

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

tournaments are where it matters, and vOdtoast has yet to be beaten in a uaw tournament so i will say he is the best.  if anyone else shows up and wins the tournament, i will be open to changing my opinion on this.  he has done a lot for uaw in the short time he has been in the community.  he raises awareness about the game on other gaming forums, writes helpful articles, started weekly tournaments, and inspired more players to get into it.  even his girlfriend plays the game now ;p

he also got into an ugly fight with the ceo of gamereplays.org because the guy didnt want uaw on his site.

Edited by Saphri, 18 March 2010 - 10:47 PM.

Posted Image

#30 AlexRuiz

AlexRuiz

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:43 PM

If Vod was the best of you and I stomped him with such ease, then you guys can stop hating on all the old school players because you just look silly.

I told him to play him as he is the only one who plays ranked actively. And you didn't stomp him with such ease, you said he almost got you. He didn't know to counter a strat, that is how you got him. macro beat micro.

For old school vs new school, that is probably not even a topic. Volc and me learned from the old school players. Learn the tactics, devise a counter, improve it.

Bring some of the old school players. Good players will still be good.

#31 volcaniclostone

volcaniclostone

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:53 PM

Well said Alex,

Itís true what Alex said us two have the worst micro of the lot but we have excellent macro and we know tricks that goes a long way. It is said that I still donít have my internet and if I knew vod was around he probably wouldnít get to no2.

To be honest I didnít even know he was no2 until I read your posts.

Ps go macro

#32 volcaniclostone

volcaniclostone

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

View PostSaphri, on 18 March 2010 - 10:38 PM, said:

tournaments are where it matters, and vOdtoast has yet to be beaten in a uaw tournament so i will say he is the best.  if anyone else shows up and wins the tournament, i will be open to changing my opinion on this.  he has done a lot for uaw in the short time he has been in the community.  he raises awareness about the game on other gaming forums, writes helpful articles, started weekly tournaments, and inspired more players to get into it.  even his girlfriend plays the game now ;p

he also got into an ugly fight with the ceo of gamereplays.org because the guy didnt want uaw on his site.

Darn it I can't really argue with that  :crybaby:

Well there is only one thing left to do lets all DANCE :chewy:

#33 Purified

Purified

Petrotopian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Gamertag:Purified100

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

Micro has a way of balancing out with macro, neither is actually better. A combination of the two is just devastating though.
GameFront page with various things I have released, where I have mods and map packs available! Click here!
Current uploads: Hierarchy's New Walkers mod, Hierarchy Mini Walkers mod, Modified Units mod, Map Pack 1 (4x maps), Map Pack 2 (3x maps), Map Pack 3 (5x maps), Bizarrio World, Map Pack 4 (4x maps), Global Territories Mod

#34 Mr.Somebody

Mr.Somebody

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:10 PM

Judge me for dc, judge me for stealing a candy bar when I was a kid, don't respect me as a person [idc, as we'll never meet and I'm more than a videogame]

Respect is earned through actions.  Ethics is of the up-most importance, and if you are going to law school, you should know that. It may be "just a video game", but your actions in UAW still reflect who you are as a human being.

With that said, it doesn't really matter.  If you didn't sound so arrogant/cocky, then people would probably get off your back about it.

Edited by Mr.Somebody, 18 March 2010 - 11:13 PM.

#35 Saphri

Saphri

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

none of you are using the term macro correctly;
Macro  constant attention on mass unit production
Micro  constant attention on using EACH unit to it's fullest

beating someone because of their lack of knowledge with regard to a specific unit or tactic doesnt fall into any of those categories ;p
Posted Image

#36 AlexRuiz

AlexRuiz

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

View Postvolcaniclostone, on 18 March 2010 - 10:11 PM, said:

Well I don’t even know Vod, I’ve never ever played him I just saw his replays and they are quite cool.

That is true, you haven't even played Vod yet :o
As Pur told me in one game "expect a serious fight"
I would repeat it :P

I would tell Vod the same when he plays you "expect a serious fight"

I think Vod's losses against his friend will make him better. Human nature, we learn more from failure than from success.

Saphri, you are right my friend, Vod has done more for the community in just a few weeks than many people did in years. As you are right also that he has won the first 2 tournaments. I still contend that neither Pur nor Volc played ;)

Is he the most talented player, the one with the best micro? yes he is
Is he the best? No, not yet. His amazing micro needs companion of better macro. But he has the talent, it is just a a matter of time. My macro is great, but because I lack skill I probably won't get any better than I am. It is OK, I still have a blast playing

#37 AlexRuiz

AlexRuiz

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

View PostSaphri, on 18 March 2010 - 11:20 PM, said:

beating someone because of their lack of knowledge with regard to a specific unit or tactic doesnt fall into any of those categories ;p

macro means understanding the game as a whole, involving the economics for production, knowledge of tactics and units capabilities and weaknesses.

#38 Purified

Purified

Petrotopian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Gamertag:Purified100

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

Yes that is how I define macro/micro :P
GameFront page with various things I have released, where I have mods and map packs available! Click here!
Current uploads: Hierarchy's New Walkers mod, Hierarchy Mini Walkers mod, Modified Units mod, Map Pack 1 (4x maps), Map Pack 2 (3x maps), Map Pack 3 (5x maps), Bizarrio World, Map Pack 4 (4x maps), Global Territories Mod

#39 volcaniclostone

volcaniclostone

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:32 PM

Actually it does, to understand how much a unit can withstand damage reflex on the time of the unit is being produced or when a unit is being sent to attack with out these understandings a tactic cannot be performed or well executed.

#40 Saphri

Saphri

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:42 PM

View Postvolcaniclostone, on 18 March 2010 - 11:32 PM, said:

Actually it does, to understand how much a unit can withstand damage reflex on the time of the unit is being produced or when a unit is being sent to attack with out these understandings a tactic cannot be performed or well executed.

no it doesnt and your statement doesnt make any sense.  "reflex" haha funny stuff ;p

if you lose because you have never seen a certain unit in the game before and therefore you dont know what the heck counters it, that has nothing to do with macro or micro.  its a matter of education, not execution.  that is a different category of problem.  macro has to do with timely unit production, eco/building management, and unit placement.  i think that vOdtoast is even the best at that.

Edited by Saphri, 18 March 2010 - 11:44 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users