We are not alone...
In Sword of the Stars 2, gamers will be reaquainted with the original six races from Swords of the Stars I and its expansions as well as reveal the dark secret of the original series, the Suul’ka – an ancient race that is responsible for tampering with the Liir, Zuul, and other races in the SotS universe!
Not limited to another entire new race and their unique drive technology, SotS2 will be a major step forward in the SotS approach to 4X gameplay, taking the easy-to-learn-hard-to-master philosophy set out in SotS1 and following that path to a new standard in space strategy games.
- Evolves beyond Sword of the Stars I into 6 playable factions, using the races familiar to gamers from the first series of the game, and introducing The Suul ‘ka as a new player for Galactic dominance!
- Detailed star-systems with planetary orbits, moons, asteroid belts, and other space terrain!
- All new MARS 2 graphics engine!
- Leviathan class of giant ships, new Battlerider-class ships that carry Destroyer sized ships, new levels of ship details including ship sub-systems, allowing for new fleet strategy and tactics!
- Exciting continuation of the technology tree, with the game starting in the Fusion era and moving beyond the Anti-matter era.
So when will this be released? The only thing I found was something along the lines of... "...Due early next year..."
Personally - looking at Sword of the Stars (I) - I have an optimistic view on this game and look forward to it.
Anyone here played the original or knows anything more about the upcoming game?
Edited by Caescen, 10 April 2010 - 05:28 PM.