#1 TParis

TParis

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1435336

Can anyone at Petroglyph Games confirm this?

#2 Berek-PG

Berek-PG

Community Manager

• Root Admin
  • 7,898 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

View PostTParis, on 16 September 2010 - 06:50 PM, said:

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1435336

Can anyone at Petroglyph Games confirm this?

Hi TParis,

Apologies about taking so long here to get back to you! We've responded in that thread about the issue.

I'd like to also ask here if the FoC version you are trying to use with Steam has any Mods installed? Mods may cause when trying to run the game with other users that do not have them.

Thanks,
Mathew "Berek" Anderson
Former Petroglyph Community Manager
http://www.twitter.com/mathewanderson

#3 TParis

TParis

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:58 AM

Wow, that reply took quite some time. My install features no mods.

Can we expect any update on this?

#4 KillerHurdz

KillerHurdz

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Gamertag:KillerHurdz

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

Any updates on this, Berek?

http://www.petroglyp...-eawfoc-2-disk/

With more and more people turning to Steam these days, the EAW online community is becoming more and more of a 50/50 split between disc and Steam users.

Edited by KillerHurdz, 08 August 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#5 Berek-PG

Berek-PG

Community Manager

• Root Admin
  • 7,898 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

Apologies about the delay, I thought we updated in another thread. We've sorted the patch issues and listed them all out here for what you need to update to in order to play properly:

http://www.lucasarts.com/support/
Mathew "Berek" Anderson

#6 slornie

slornie

Seasoned Petrologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,202 posts
  • Gamertag:Slornie
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

Oh, so this actually got released.  Some publicity might have been nice - Facebook, Skype, wherever!

Does this fix the version mismatch between Steam/Gold and the EAW/FoC retail versions?

Posted Image

RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers) said:

why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

#7 KillerHurdz

KillerHurdz

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

The patch that was released on 8/2 only claims to resolve the multiplayer lobby freezing and RAM issues.  It doesn't mention resolving the compatibility issues between Steam and disk users.

As slornie asked, does this simultaneously resolve all of these issues including the "version mismatch" error between Steam and disk users?

Thanks.

#8 slornie

slornie

Seasoned Petrologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,202 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

Hey KillerHurdz, i just got Berek on Skype about that:

Slornie: Hey Berek! Nice to see the FoC fix got released :)
Slornie: Does it fix the version mismatch between Steam/Gold and EAW/FoC retail versions in multiplayer?
Mathew Anderson: I believe so

Posted Image

why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

#9 KillerHurdz

KillerHurdz

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

View Postslornie, on 09 August 2011 - 06:01 PM, said:

Hey KillerHurdz, i just got Berek on Skype about that:

Mat doesn't sound overly convincing...

Edited by KillerHurdz, 09 August 2011 - 09:23 PM.

#10 slornie

slornie

Seasoned Petrologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,202 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:02 AM

Did you manage to get a better answer KillerHurdz, either officially or empirically?

Edited by slornie, 17 August 2011 - 06:02 AM.

Posted Image

#11 KillerHurdz

KillerHurdz

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:49 PM

View Postslornie, on 17 August 2011 - 06:02 AM, said:

Did you manage to get a better answer KillerHurdz, either officially or empirically?

No, and I don't have anyone I know with the Steam client to test it.

Can we get a confirmation, Berek?

Edited by KillerHurdz, 17 August 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#12 Berek-PG

Berek-PG

Community Manager

• Root Admin
  • 7,898 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

The versions should be synchronized now, just be sure you patch when needed. The best place to go for patch requirements and information is here:

http://www.lucasarts.com/support/
Mathew "Berek" Anderson

#13 slornie

slornie

Seasoned Petrologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,202 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

Just installed EAW Gold on Steam (got it in a sale ages ago and since i had to reinstall anyway..) so i will have to try testing that with someone else on the TR team at some point.

But first Berek, i got an error message when applying the new fix on the Steam version.  It found the FoC install no problem, but then said it couldn't write to the installation folder. But then had no problem with the EAW part of the fix (which is in the same place and has the same folder settings).  Any ideas?

Edited by slornie, 18 August 2011 - 07:29 PM.

Posted Image

#14 KillerHurdz

KillerHurdz

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:31 AM

View Postslornie, on 18 August 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

Just installed EAW Gold on Steam (got it in a sale ages ago and since i had to reinstall anyway..) so i will have to try testing that with someone else on the TR team at some point.

But first Berek, i got an error message when applying the new fix on the Steam version.  It found the FoC install no problem, but then said it couldn't write to the installation folder. But then had no problem with the EAW part of the fix (which is in the same place and has the same folder settings).  Any ideas?

You don't need to apply the fix for the Steam client.

#15 slornie

slornie

Seasoned Petrologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,202 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:03 AM

Lolwhoops. I forgot that.  But why did the EAW part of the fix apply then? :unsure:

Posted Image

#16 Joey199202

Joey199202

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

hey does anybody know if this works for sure?

#17 Nighthawk08

Nighthawk08

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:42 AM

The fix listed on http://www.lucasarts.com/support/ does not help at all. I installed the so called update, and nothing changed. I am still showing mismatch version. As people have said before, LucasArts website themselves does not even mention this issue. It is ridiculous that it has not been looked into sooner, just as ridiculous that the support staff took so long to get back to people about this.

If there is fixes they want to test, let me know. I am willing to test things out as I have retail version and my friend has steam. I shouldn't have to  buy it on steam, and if that is going to be the fix, then I better get a gift code cause I refuse to buy this twice, as I am upset I bought it once...

#18 KillerHurdz

KillerHurdz

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:18 AM

View PostNighthawk08, on 27 August 2011 - 12:42 AM, said:

The fix listed on http://www.lucasarts.com/support/ does not help at all. I installed the so called update, and nothing changed. I am still showing mismatch version. As people have said before, LucasArts website themselves does not even mention this issue. It is ridiculous that it has not been looked into sooner, just as ridiculous that the support staff took so long to get back to people about this.

If there is fixes they want to test, let me know. I am willing to test things out as I have retail version and my friend has steam. I shouldn't have to  buy it on steam, and if that is going to be the fix, then I better get a gift code cause I refuse to buy this twice, as I am upset I bought it once...

Well that is irritating...

#19 Strategist

Strategist

Defiler! Fetch!

• Global Moderator
  • 3,407 posts
  • Gamertag:Strat N8
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

@Nighthawk: I might be mistaken, but I would assume both people would have to download and install the update. If one has the update and the other does not that that would logically still cause a version mismatch.  

Posted Image

#20 Nighthawk08

Nighthawk08

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

The update that mentions multiplayer issues fixed, doesn't change anything. When trying to download the version update, it doesnt install for me (I just bought the Gold Pack) and it refuses to update his FoC (steam).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users