6 replies to this topic

#1 moonie

moonie

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:41 AM

Doesn't seem to be much talk about how to beat scenarios or general advice. In fact don't think i read a single topic on it.

If anyones interested, Wants to work together to get the guardian victories or such, or just needs general advice.
Maybe we can help each other.

#2 Berek-PG

Berek-PG

Community Manager

• Root Admin
  • 7,898 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

We've checked the Steam Achievement statistics and there are some that have gone through the entire game, a challenge to be sure! So they are out there for those needing a little advice on that difficult scenario.
Mathew "Berek" Anderson
Former Petroglyph Community Manager
http://www.twitter.com/mathewanderson

#3 Meskalin

Meskalin

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

Ive just got my first defeat on mission 5. Thought i had 4 cities as the mission said my noticed at the last turns 2 of them was castles so i didnt have time to reach the top where the last 3 cities is. The mana bug on that map makes it rather hard to beat.
Next try im gonna try and see if killing the dragon on the map before stops it from spawning in map 5.

#4 moonie

moonie

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

I went for a guardian win for scenario 5 - the final hammer blow. This meant i dind't need to obtain all the cities. As I too foudn that hard.

The conditions for getting the end war part. Is to take the city on the right and stop the scribes. You only need to get one unit onto the castle, so any unit that can force a retreat of the defending unit will win u this part.
Same is true for the Left castle, choose not to destroy the temple.

When this is done, u need to get your Guardian about 1 or 2 spaces next to orc Guardian then u will win.

I used portals to get to left city, made portals on impassable terrain after putting a goblin rumble bowler, one in the hamster ball :). then i made as many portals as i could on it to overwhelm.
Volos is fastest unit due to his t eleport, so i teleported him as close as i could get to the orc then portaled in my guardian. As i foudn it really difficult ot fight my way there, i had use portals.

P.S i encoutnered no dragon on my 5 scenario and i killed angelouke in one mission.

#5 Meskalin

Meskalin

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:27 AM

I beat this map pretty easy this time at turn 16.
I did meet the dragon this time too but managed to kill him pretty fast as i had him surounded.
Before i did compleated a few events that helped me alot on this map.
But i cant play scenario 6 yet so i guess i have to complete all the events first. Or maby guardian victory on them all.

#6 moonie

moonie

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

as far as i know scenario 5 is the lat campaign map. The other maps can be found in skirmish option.

#7 Meskalin

Meskalin

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:16 AM

I dont think scenario 5 is the last because then i would get the steam achievement "Ultimate Guardian Beat the Campaign" when i beat it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users