• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grand_Admiral_Thrawn

Grand_Admiral_Thrawn

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:13 AM

In the original EaW, raid groups could be 4 units big, plus the limited (3) heroes. My standard raid group is a squad of T4-B tanks, a Field Commander, a squad of Assault Speeders, and a MPTL-2a, plus Han Solo and Obi-Wan Kenobi. In FoC, I'm lucky to get an MDU (the Alliance's MDU is the ONLY one worth building, because of the shield generator), a squad of T4-B tanks, and a squad of Speeders. And heroes count against the cap (even stealth heroes like Han and C-3PO- they LOSE (not permanently, but until they leave the group) their stealth if they join a raid group that is too big, Garm bel Iblis (probably because he's so "overpowered", the only ground unit that has hard points -the Consortium Palace is the only other, and its hard points are useless, and is the ONLY ground unit that takes 2 of the pop cap- even AT-ATs and Canderous Assault Tanks take one) almost makes a raid group TOO big. It's like the raid group was cut in half, and heroes are subject to the raid cap (course, with 3 Jedi Masters, and the above mentioned Gargantuan it's almost understandable).

And speaking of Jedi, why is Luke (what I call) A secondary Space Hero. What I mean by that is he's like the non-space combat units (Mon Mothma, Garm Bel Iblis, and the other Jedi for the Alliance), he stays aboard a frigate (or heavier) ship. Unlike non-space combat units, he doesn't use a transport if there's nothing to carry him, he uses his X-Wing (and keeps his Lucky Shot ability from the original EaW). I guess it's another case of Petroglyph beating the crap out of the Alliance with a Nerf bat.

Edited by Grand_Admiral_Thrawn, 21 April 2011 - 08:15 AM.

#2 The_King_Meep

The_King_Meep

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

Edit XML and reduce Bel Iblis' population count.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users