1 reply to this topic

#1 Bittah Commander

Bittah Commander

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:18 AM

I haven't visited these forums in a while, but I since I know some C&C fans hang around here, I figured it'd be a good idea to get some publicity The Dawn of the Tiberium Age here as well.

For those who haven't heard of this mod before, I'll give a short explanation: DTA is Tiberian Sun to Tiberian Dawn total conversion. In other words, this mod entirely converts Tiberian Sun's graphics into Tiberian Dawn's, using a lot of graphics that were directly converted from Tiberian Dawn and also a lot of new graphics.
this mod has 2 game modes:
  • Classic: the intend of this game mode is to replicate Tiberian Dawn's gameplay as closely as possible.
  • Enhanced: as the name implies, the intend of this game mode is to further "enhance" the game by improving the game balance and adding many new units, buildings and weapons.

The Dawn of the Tiberium Age version 1.11 was recently released and can be downloaded from its website: http://dta.ppmsite.com.

View the video below to see many of the features this version of DTA has to offer.

As you can see in the video, installing the mod is just a matter of placing the launcher in an empty folder, starting it and clicking a button and playing online is just as simple; just click the 'Play on CnCNet' button, chose whether to play in Classic or Enhanced mode and you're there.

And if you take a look at CnCNet's statistics you'll see that DTA (the green line) often has has some players online, so finding other players to play with usually shouldn't be too difficult.

Edited by Bittah Commander, 08 June 2012 - 08:19 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Erix

Erix

Assuming direct control

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,301 posts
  • Gamertag:Erixxxx

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:05 AM

Oooooooh, been a while since I've heard anything about this game. Good to see the project is still alive. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users