C&C: Sole Survivor
Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:53 AM
"What if I ask the guys who made the command and conquer series for help with my C&C:Sole Survivor Project?"
Then I was like, "damn bro; why not?"
So here I am; I've been looking into it for a couple years now and have a pretty good grasp of it, but since its not a normal project in the sense of "Bringing the undead online game back to life" thing I need all the possible help I can get, if such help can be given.
So if any of you old lads want to see one more of your old babies brought back to life, by one of its loving fans: Go for it! Anything and everything would be appreciated!
email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:25 AM
- .mix file reader
- Map file decoder and parser
- Ini file parser
- Main game loop
- Packet structures
- Game Settings structure
- Custom DDE client system
- Network Data queues
- Multiple Client/Single socket server architecture
- Enumerations of all in-game types
- Basic pathfinding algorithms
- Basic unit movement.
A list of items I have yet to complete:
- Emulate unit movement speed/pace of original engine (Most important to the project)
- Basic AI
- Automated overlay placement
- Automated Crate placement
- Basic team and point scoring
Edited by Myg, 28 June 2012 - 07:31 AM.
Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:34 AM
Am I in the wrong place for this?
Is there noone left of the old westwood crew who knows anything about this?
I can figure it out on my own, but its gonna take a while; lol and most people can appreciate wanting to save some time :-)
Edited by Myg, 29 June 2012 - 08:35 AM.
Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:07 PM
- It's worth noting that PG didn't really give good mod support for its own games (see UAW) let alone support for a game that some of its staff worked on over a decade ago before PG was even founded.
- Last I checked a lot of the "iconic" C&C names like Brett Sperry and Adam Isgreen aren't at PG now (they're at Jet Set currently with Joseph Hewitt and a bunch of others). Erik Yeo is at LucasArts I think (I recall his name in The Force Unleashed), Mike Lightener was in EALA doing Generals and idk where he is now. Mike Legg is probably the only notable Sole Survivor guy left in PG that I know of. Oh and Klepacki of course.
At this point in time I think it's safe to say that Petroglyph isn't really associated with being "the old Westwood guys" any more sooo you're probably out of luck.
Edited by Valdez, 30 June 2012 - 03:09 PM.
Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:08 AM
Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:33 AM
I think it's more related to GFWL issues with mods and publisher's (SEGA) will to support the game and dev.
yap, only Adam now works for Microsoft (creative director or something).
Edited by mirza044, 01 July 2012 - 08:34 AM.
Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:40 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users