Characters

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: So, who takes the credit? (110 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose your champion:

1. Vertigo (2 votes [1.90%])

Percentage of vote: 1.90%

2. Mirabel and Viktor (12 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

3. Orlok (55 votes [52.38%])

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

4. Nufai (5 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

5. Kamal Re'x (6 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

6. Charos (1 votes [0.95%])

Percentage of vote: 0.95%

7. Altea (4 votes [3.81%])

Percentage of vote: 3.81%

8. Zessus (12 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

9. The Founder (4 votes [3.81%])

10. General Moore (4 votes [3.81%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Confederacy

Confederacy

My life for Aiur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Gamertag:Thursday15
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:57 PM

Orlok, then Mirabel, then Moore.

#22 Tsakara

Tsakara

Ghost in the Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Gamertag:Tsakara

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:00 PM

I liked Zessus but I think Orlok was the best. Out of all the heros, Zessus, Orlok, and Nufai were the only ones that seemed to be properly developed. the others seemed...flat, Mirabel was getting there but she needed more character development, more conflict between her and the founder. As it was it seemed like she was kinda one dimensional.
Posted Image
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

#23 Tartarus

Tartarus

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Gamertag:Periphelion

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:53 PM

I pick orlock because of his bravery to take action against the Hierarchy Cancer, wich he knew was wrong. My second place is Maribel for her wisdom and im reserving my 3rd space incase i end up liking someone in the masari side after i beat campagin

#24 Alex06

Alex06

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:56 PM

Orlok was the best so far. I actually felt kinda bad when he died. All the Hierarchy characters were done pretty well though. Novus was meh-ish, and Masari...eh? Charos barely speaks, Altea has only 2 custcenes in which she speaks, and Zessus, well, he was O.K.

Oh, and Moore was kinda fun to have around. "Aw, hell!" xD

Edited by Alex06, 30 December 2007 - 01:57 PM.

#25 Ioustinos

Ioustinos

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:54 PM

For me it has to be Orlok.  He's the most developed character in the game (which sadly isn't saying much).  They could have done more with him though--he has a LOT of innocent blood on his hands, as I doubt the "conquerer of a thousand worlds" is an exaggeration.  He's just now seeing the error of the Hierarchy's ways, and even if he does somehow stop or change the entire Hierarchy, will he be able to live with what he's done?  He's made (probably) thousands of species and civilizations extinct!

There's not an ounce of character in that prop Charos (he shouldn't even be called a character, but a prop), and the most personality you get from Zessus is that he calls Moore a peasant.  Altea is as much of a prop as Charos.

Second would have to be Kamal'Rex, then Mirabel and the Founder.

They could've done so much more with Mirabel other than not wanting the humans to die.

Edited by Ioustinos, 30 December 2007 - 02:55 PM.

#26 Psyker9

Psyker9

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:02 PM

Orlok, then Kamal then that one grunt in Hierarchy first mission "why are we always the first to die?" he(the grunt) had more character than any of the other race's heros.

#27 Tartarus

Tartarus

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Gamertag:Periphelion

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:25 AM

View PostPsyker9, on Dec 30 2007, 03:02 PM, said:

Orlok, then Kamal then that one grunt in Hierarchy first mission "why are we always the first to die?" he(the grunt) had more character than any of the other race's heros.

LOL, sad but true!

#28 Xcaliber

Xcaliber

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:06 PM

Orlok. Only character I cared about. Only one I ever wanted to live too...

Nufai is a close second for being the kind of villian you really wish somebody would just shoot.

Everybody else was stereotypical (though still fun to use in-game)
In the name of the Gods ships shall be built to carry our warriors out amongst the stars, and we will spread Origin to all the Unbelievers! The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide, and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Hallowed are the Ori.

#29 Strategist

Strategist

Defiler! Fetch!

• Global Moderator
  • 3,407 posts
  • Gamertag:Strat N8
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

View PostConfederacy, on Dec 29 2007, 04:57 PM, said:

Orlok, then Mirabel, then Moore.

Interestingly, Orlok and Moore share the same voice actor.

I agree on that one Grunt and Nufai.
Posted Image

#30 Ifeeldizzy543

Ifeeldizzy543

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

I like Mirabel and Orlok.

I don't have the game yet, but from what I know, those two ROCK!
I bet you thought i was going to say something clever, weren't you? Or a quote? Or an actual signature? I'm better than that, you know.

#31 bowjeera

bowjeera

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:31 PM

kinda liked orloks character itslef o and the voice acting gotta love the acting

#32 (Undecided)

(Undecided)

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Gamertag:BmUndecided

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:36 AM

View PostIoustinos, on Dec 30 2007, 12:54 PM, said:

He's just now seeing the error of the Hierarchy's ways, and even if he does somehow stop or change the entire Hierarchy, will he be able to live with what he's done?  He's made (probably) thousands of species and civilizations extinct!

[color=#000000;background:#000000' onmouseover='this.style.color="#fff";' onmouseout='this.style.color="#000";]When Zessus points out that Orlok would be killed for his treachery he replies "I would welcome it, I already walk among ghosts. I don't think he was planning to live through the rebellion, I'm not even sure that he thought he could defeat Kamal.[/color]

Edited by (Undecided), 09 February 2008 - 12:37 AM.

#33 Hirmetrium

Hirmetrium

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Gamertag:Hirmetrium

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:53 PM

It was sad to see Orlok get killed off. Heres hoping for an expansion pack ressurection, or a replacement for him in the bad-assery armour.

Besides Orlok, Charos was awesome. He was a total hardcore hero. Nufai is a close second with him, only because hes the kind of villian you want to see die horribly in a sequel!

#34 Haasth

Haasth

[Insert Proclaimed Title]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,914 posts
  • Gamertag:Haasth
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:06 PM

I'd have to go for 1st Mirabel and Viktor (Not like you can understand Viktor's gubberish, but I like the concept of the whole 'two minds in one suit') I would've [Minor spoiler perhaps?] thought Mirabel would at some point be joining the Masari however, really joining - like rebelling against the Novus - For as she kept going on about her compassion for the organics.

Close second would be Orlok, love the whole leader and watcher over his forces theme, and third would be Zessus.

Although the best quotes most likely come from Nufai, "Nufai knows many secrets" and my personal favourite, "What sin shall Nufai commit?"

Edited by Datharan, 15 February 2008 - 04:08 PM.

Posted Image

World of Warcraft + Minecraft equals?

It's over... 1 MILLION!

#35 Khrin

Khrin

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Gamertag:Khrin

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:33 PM

All this Zessus love disgusts me: he's like something out of final fantasy, its horrid.

The Founder is my favourite character.  He's obviously had to be dumbed down a bit (as the whole game/story has) for xbox children but in a darker version he'd be instructing his machines to focus 100% on crippling the heirarchy and not give a damn about the humans.  I like that coldness :p

(not to mention Flow Tap is hot, hopefully his crappy prowess power will be buffed in the patch-we-dare-not-mention :D)

#36 Haasth

Haasth

[Insert Proclaimed Title]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,914 posts
  • Gamertag:Haasth
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:36 PM

View PostKhrin, on Feb 18 2008, 12:33 AM, said:

All this Zessus love disgusts me.

Teleporting skills is pure ownage.
And that's probably the sole reason I like Zessus, besides the other fact he's Masari  :rolleyes:

Posted Image

World of Warcraft + Minecraft equals?

It's over... 1 MILLION!

#37 xbb1024

xbb1024

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:49 AM

Question: why is Mirabel a humanoid? I can understand why there would be a link between the Masari and humans (on Earth), but why would the Novus creators be human?

Orlok is the best.

#38 Noah es Frio

Noah es Frio

Something Ridiculous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

View Postxbb1024, on Jun 8 2008, 10:49 AM, said:

Question: why is Mirabel a humanoid? I can understand why there would be a link between the Masari and humans (on Earth), but why would the Novus creators be human?

Orlok is the best.

I'm guessing its the most advanced phsical form in the universe.

Posted Image

#39 T9X KR3W

T9X KR3W

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

Definitely Orlok
I hope there is a sequel where he comes back and kills Nufai and Kammal

#40 Valdez

Valdez

(・ ω ・)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,633 posts
  • Gamertag:GFWL Valdez
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:35 AM

View PostKhrin, on Feb 18 2008, 07:33 AM, said:

He's obviously had to be dumbed down a bit (as the whole game/story has) for xbox children but in a darker version he'd be instructing his machines to focus 100% on crippling the heirarchy and not give a damn about the humans.  I like that coldness :p

Agreed. I'd always imagined the Founder as being a hot candidate for a catalyst that cases the Masari to end up fighting the Novus. Pity he was so soft, and got even softer at the end (omg I don't wanna build tombs anymore :( )

Oh well there's always the chance that Vertigo will be a total badass in the sequel, if any. I remmeber the Deus Ex Machina from the Matrix Revolutions. Vertigo could totally use a personality like that one.

Edited by Valdez, 03 July 2008 - 07:35 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users