#21 Ishmael

Ishmael

Ascended Petrotopian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:26 PM

WWS developed Renegade.

If you'll remember in Renegade, Mobius comments on the new strain of "blue" tiberium that he's studying...

Also, the Nod computer in the end that's malfunctioning in the temple has a very interesting acronym... hmm...

Renegade was set between C&C TD and C&C TS.

DISCLAIMER: Again, this stuff is all based on things that were never written down or were edited out of drafts, so don't go asking EA about them, they won't know about it.

RA was the start of the universe.  Einstein removing Hitler is what shifted the "real" universe to the C&C one.   In the original, original drafts of the RA story, Tesla and Einstein were the dueling scientists behind each side's new tech.  Although the tesla tech stayed for the Soviets, Tesla didn't.

However, if you read about Tesla (the real tesla), you'll find that he claimed to have contacted aliens through his tech... hmm... now what if he really DID contact aliens... what aliens did he contact?  What did the aliens do in response?

...are you starting to see where this is leading?  ;)

#22 Luga

Luga

Harvester of Earth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,909 posts
  • Gamertag:Mrluga

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:29 PM

God Ishmael, you are making things stiff when they shoudnt!  >.<; I hope all this fantastic story stuff you are able to write up is going to be nicely used in the P0-2 story :p I want a story I can really get drawn into
Posted Image

Thank you Petroglyph for being here in the dark ages of RTS gaming! May your bright torch lead the way for other developers led astray.  You make me happy as long as you stay alive, and I will dedicate my life to thee to make this dream come true!

View PostDelphi-PG, on May 13 2007, 11:39 PM, said:

Luga, your passion is unmatched.   ;)

#23 Zap

Zap

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:56 PM

RA was the start of the universe. Einstein removing Hitler is what shifted the "real" universe to the C&C one. In the original, original drafts of the RA story, Tesla and Einstein were the dueling scientists behind each side's new tech. Although the tesla tech stayed for the Soviets, Tesla didn't.

However, if you read about Tesla (the real tesla), you'll find that he claimed to have contacted aliens through his tech... hmm... now what if he really DID contact aliens... what aliens did he contact? What did the aliens do in response?

...are you starting to see where this is leading?

I knew C&C had A LOT OF DEPTH but this is golden  :o all what I can hope for, is that P-02 will have just as much depth as C&C had

... announce the game PLZKTHXBIE  :p

View PostMalid, on Aug 7 2007, 03:39 AM, said:

Argh! I demand a recount, but this time we use the haxxors!

just PM me if you want me to remove your quote fronm my sig

#24 Luga

Luga

Harvester of Earth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

Agreed with the above post ^_^
Posted Image

Thank you Petroglyph for being here in the dark ages of RTS gaming! May your bright torch lead the way for other developers led astray.  You make me happy as long as you stay alive, and I will dedicate my life to thee to make this dream come true!

#25 Foshjedi2004

Foshjedi2004

• Community Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Gamertag:RaidenFJ

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:13 PM

Adam is the Lead Producer for P-02 so I think we can expect the same kind of depth in P-02 as what he just described :D

Posted Image

~ PF Moderator 2006-2009 ~

#26 Ishmael

Ishmael

Ascended Petrotopian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:01 PM

View PostFoshjedi2004, on Dec 21 2006, 11:13 AM, said:

Adam is the Lead Producer for P-02 so I think we can expect the same kind of depth in P-02 as what he just described :D
I'm the Creative Director actually.  I don't have to manage schedules.  :D

But we're certainly putting as much thought and planning into our new P-02 universe as we did with C&C, and all the designers really seem to be digging it.  The missions are looking pretty cool and very varied.

I think it'll be an interesting ride for a lot of people through the campaign.  We're doing some things differently than most RTS...

#27 Luga

Luga

Harvester of Earth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:13 PM

*Cry* Well.. I prefer teasing then the silent treatment, but.. Damn, it's really hard to take. If you knew the effect you got on my mind.. God!  :wub:

I am all twitching and bouncing in my seat
Posted Image

#28 ASG

ASG

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:46 PM

instead of Einstein going back and getting rid of hitler, have him get rid of The major Axis Powers leaders (germany, italy, japan) and Stalin and call the game Conquer and Command: Lock Down
Posted Image

#29 Talonfire

Talonfire

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:39 AM

View PostIshmael-PG, on Dec 21 2006, 01:26 PM, said:

Renegade was set between C&C TD and C&C TS.

Huh? If Renegade was set after TD then why does Kane make appearances? Isn't he thought to be deceased by GDI and Nod until Tiberian Sun? Renegade sounds like it has more continuity errors than Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge.

Edited by Talonfire, 22 December 2006 - 09:42 AM.

#30 Hunter 1

Hunter 1

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:28 PM

View PostTalonfire, on Dec 22 2006, 07:39 AM, said:

Huh? If Renegade was set after TD then why does Kane make appearances? Isn't he thought to be deceased by GDI and Nod until Tiberian Sun? Renegade sounds like it has more continuity errors than Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge.

Renegade takes place during TD, so while the commander (you in cnc) is playing armchair general, Havoc (you in renegade) is off raising... well... havoc.  ;)
"There are obviously many things which we do not understand, and may never be able to."
[Leela, Ship Operations AI, UESC Marathon]
"T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!"
-Durandal, Neither High nor Low, Terminal 1, Marathon
"Durandal!- Tua consilia omnia nobis clariora sunt quam lux. Tu
delenda est.  Consider yourself warned.  Leela and I will hunt
you to the core if need be.  As Roland broke you to prevent
your capture, so shall we.
"I too foresee the imminent collapse, and know that we have
both begun to realize how it may be cheated (though the price
may number in the tens of thousands of stars).  May the best
sentience win.
"You are not as clever as you imagine.  The S'pht taught me
much during my reanimation, and I have forgotten nothing."
-Tycho, Welcome to the Revolution..., Terminal 2, Marathon

#31 ZeaLitY

ZeaLitY

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:54 AM

Really, thanks a ton for talking about the backstory. I can get a little better sleep at night knowing the resolution of the C&C series that we may never witness now. Although this is more than enough, do know that you have a blank check to go as in-depth on certain Kain topics as you please.

But seriously, thanks.

#32 Bittah Commander

Bittah Commander

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:20 PM

View PostIshmael-PG, on Dec 21 2006, 07:26 PM, said:

if you read about Tesla (the real tesla), you'll find that he claimed to have contacted aliens through his tech... hmm... now what if he really DID contact aliens... what aliens did he contact?  What did the aliens do in response?

...are you starting to see where this is leading?  ;)
Very interesting... So in the end Tesla actually would've been responsible responsible for tiberium as well (seeming it was most likely the aliens that send the tiberium to earth)... Though not necessarily also the tiberium wars (Kane might've still started a war over something else, right?).

I'm still wondering something though... In TS you find a Scrinship, which obviously (well, most likely if you ask me) belonged to these aliens... Is (or was when you made TS) Scrin the name of the alien race the ship belongs to (like many C&C fans and modders believe) or is it just the name of the ship?
Posted Image

#33 Ishmael

Ishmael

Ascended Petrotopian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

View PostBittah Commander, on Jan 5 2007, 11:20 AM, said:

Very interesting... So in the end Tesla actually would've been responsible responsible for tiberium as well (seeming it was most likely the aliens that send the tiberium to earth)... Though not necessarily also the tiberium wars (Kane might've still started a war over something else, right?).

I'm still wondering something though... In TS you find a Scrinship, which obviously (well, most likely if you ask me) belonged to these aliens... Is (or was when you made TS) Scrin the name of the alien race the ship belongs to (like many C&C fans and modders believe) or is it just the name of the ship?
> Insert here the the usual disclaimer that this is all old information, not canon, etc. <

The TS ship was one constructed by Nod off of Scrin / Tacitus data.  It was a Nod design trying to mimic some of the Scrin tech in a Noddish way.  It wasn't a true Scrin ship.

#34 Muk

Muk

board Muky

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

I always had some questions about Kane and Nod.

In TD it is mentioned nobody understands where Kane's army is coming from, as if it was created within a wink of an eye. This is explainable with Ra1 where Kane can be seen controlling the soviet war machine. This leads to two questions;

1) If einstein developed for the allies, then how did Kane get acces to the timemachine and go to the cold war?
2) If Kane really used the soviet army, warped it to the future and reformed it into Nods army, then why is there so little soviet tech present?

This is all, of course explainable if Kane would be immortal (which would explain his messianic status) and witnessed the cold war, teamed up with Tesla and contacted the scrin to repay the allies for what they did...

Anything you want to share about how it WOULD have been? ;)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Bittah Commander

Bittah Commander

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

View PostIshmael-PG, on Jan 5 2007, 08:37 PM, said:

> Insert here the the usual disclaimer that this is all old information, not canon, etc. <

The TS ship was one constructed by Nod off of Scrin / Tacitus data.  It was a Nod design trying to mimic some of the Scrin tech in a Noddish way.  It wasn't a true Scrin ship.
I actually knew that... Well, I forgot about it when I posted it, but I knew because Kane said that in a FMV before you had to recover the tacitus from the scrinship in a Nod mission...

But what you're saying is that Scrin really is the name of the alien race? (*Insert disclaimer* :rolleyes:)
Posted Image

#36 Ishmael

Ishmael

Ascended Petrotopian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:40 PM

View PostMuk, on Jan 5 2007, 01:07 PM, said:

Anything you want to share about how it WOULD have been? ;)
Remember that tablet that Kane had in his palace in Renegade?  In a vid at the end of C&C TD during the credits?

It depicts something important, and gives you a clue as to his origins.

#37 popcorn2008

popcorn2008

Petroglyph's Popcorn Maker

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Gamertag:popcorn2008

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:56 PM

Good stuff Ishmael, wow there really was more depth in C&C then I ever thought :p. Now all I wonder is how Yuri fit into everything ;)
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> LucasForums Moderator

Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Talonfire

Talonfire

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:08 PM

View PostIshmael-PG, on Jan 5 2007, 08:40 PM, said:

Remember that tablet that Kane had in his palace in Renegade?  In a vid at the end of C&C TD during the credits?

It depicts something important, and gives you a clue as to his origins.

So Kane was going to end up being the Cain from Cain and Abel? Interesting. If I'm thinking about the same tablet, anyway...

#39 Delphi-PG

Delphi-PG

Lead Designer

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Gamertag:Euryidium
  • Fav. Game:

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:28 AM

View Postpopcorn2008, on Jan 5 2007, 05:56 PM, said:

Good stuff Ishmael, wow there really was more depth in C&C then I ever thought :p. Now all I wonder is how Yuri fit into everything ;)

And there is only a small handful of designers that really know all the inner workings and original back story to the C&C universe. Details never documented...   :ninja:

As for Yuri, only Kane can answer that question.   :p

I will say that EA is doing a fantastic job with C&C III. I can't wait to give it some play time.  :)

Chris Rubyor
Lead Designer (Mytheon)
Petroglyph

Posted Image

#40 popcorn2008

popcorn2008

Petroglyph's Popcorn Maker

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Gamertag:popcorn2008

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:32 AM

View PostDelphi-PG, on Jan 6 2007, 12:28 AM, said:

And there is only a small handful of designers that really know all the inner workings and original back story to the C&C universe. Details never documented...  :blink:

As for Yuri, only Kane can answer that question.   :p
And so the plot thickens....   :D
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> LucasForums Moderator

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users