Lead Designer

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Gamertag:Euryidium
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:02 PM

Hi guys,

Our big 360/PC interop patch is getting closer to completion internally and soon we'll be sending it off to Microsoft for testing. In the mean time, I just wanted to post up the patch notes so that the community can get an idea of what to expect. The list is not final as the patch is not final, so we could be making more updates.
I would also like to apologize for the delay. Finding some of these multiplayer sync bugs has been very tricky. So we just want to make sure the patch gets enough test time before we get it out to our community.

We greatly appreciate your support and look forward to making UAW an even better game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Changes:

Implemented Interoperable cross-play between Xbox and PC players in Ranked, Quickmatch and Conquer the World modes.
Team voice chat fixed so that communication between players is on a team basis during tactical combat
Fixed an issue where difficulty for Achievements was not being tracked correctly resulting in cases where Achievements might not always unlock.
Fixed an issue where the Corruptors would not fire on enemies within their attack radius.
Fixed an issue where Defilers would walk in place if the Project Radiation ability was targeted to close to them.
Fixed an issue where Collectors would stop collecting because they were trying to reach resources outside the playable area.
AI players are now added to custom multiplayer sessions with unique color and team settings.
In replays objects should no longer be tinted as if under the fog of war.
Implemented a quality of service check for multiplayer games to improve game matching, especially in Conquer the World mode.
Fixed an issue where Altea's aura would not un-phase enemy units.
Fixed an issue where Avengers would take zero pop-cap.
Fixed an issue where cloaked units that have been in the sight radius of a Sight-linked unit loose their ability to cloak until Sight link is removed.
Fixed an issue that was having a Conquer the World player leave the session if the other player disconnected BEFORE the stats results could be reported, preventing the player who remained connected from getting the win.
Fixed an issue where the light/dark mode was not properly reset during a tactical battle restart.
Fixed an issue where units selected in a group would not respond to orders if some were locked down by a Hacker.
Forged Alliance Achievement Renamed to Peacebringer.  Requires the player to defeat 2 ranked game or CTW opponents on the opposite platform.

:petroicon:

Xbox 360 Specific Changes:

Performance optimizations.
Fixed a random game freeze issue related to particles.
Fixed a random game freeze related to voice chat.
Fixed several Out of Sync issues, including a high-latency issues which would cause the game to go OOS instead of correctly waiting for players.
Added Guard mode to the special ability carousel.
Added Patrol mode to the special ability carousel.
Fixed an issue where network selection lag would cause the carousel to never come up.
Fixed an issue where the build queues selected from the Command carousel would randomly disappear in battle.
Fixed an issue with paint select decal selecting units outside its radius.
Mirabel now plays her unit responses.
Fixed an issue with Foo cores not adhering to double-click movement rules.
Fixed an issue where Hackers were able to be built without the Science Center.
Fixed the invisible radar map issue in the Novus Homeworld tutorial.
Fixed an issue where the A button might appear behind something in the Novus patch menu.
If saving a replay to a full memory unit an appropriate error message is now displayed.
Players can no longer incorrectly bring up the pause menu at the battle end screen.
Multiplayer is now properly paused when the Battle End Screen is activated after the game is over, so you don't get continuing sound and rumble effects.
Fixed an issue that was causing the skirmish lobby to force the pop cap *UP* to 60 if you added 3 AI even if your chosen pop cap was less than 60.
Fixed an issue where the Y button prompt appears off the Radar Map and fails to function when maximum build cap is reached.
Fixed an issue with accepting an invite while the attract movie is up.
Fixed issue with white texture showing up for the neutral detection array's scan pulse ability.

PC Specific Changes:

Added Patrol mode via hotkey:  Ctrl+A
Added progress bars to display unit/upgrade production in tactical and global modes.
Added multi-threaded support for systems with multi-core processors providing a large performance increase on those systems.
Research now available in Single Player Campaign.
Fixed an issue where using a laptop with a touchpad containing a horizontal and verticals scroll touch option would break the mini-map.
Fixed an issue where the help text would display off screen.
Fixed an issue where dropdown text would get cut off at extremely high resolutions.
Fixed an issue where tooltips for the capture ability would give an incorrect time.
We now hide the Private Game combo box when hosting, so you must make the decision about hosting a private game when you first create the session ... you can't change your mind later.
Fixed an issue which was preventing disconnected game notices from ever being displayed.
Game now pauses when LIVE dialog screen is up.
Fixed an issue which was causing multiplayer games from ending properly if the game was minimized when the battle ended.  In Conquer the World this could prevent a player from being awarded a territory in some cases.
We now check save files to make sure they haven't been corrupted on the PC.
Fixed an issue where the game would crash when holding ALT key while loading and saving a game.
Fixed an issue with the research tree and other menus closing intermittently while in a MP game.

Novus Balance Changes:

Hackers now autonomously lock down targets in range.
Constructors now repair 14% faster.
Increased Constructorís FOW reveal by 20%.
Reduced Constructorís build time from 18 to 13 seconds.
Reduced Constructorís price from 650 to 500.
Increased Constructorís crush defense from 10 to 30.
Increased Founderís Prowess health from 900 to 1100.
Increased Founderís FOW reveal range in Prowess mode.
Increased Founderís health from 500 to 650 in performance mode.
Decreased Vertigoís FOW by 10%.
Increased Vertigoís health from 700 to 775.
Increased Vertigoís guard radius by 15%.
Increased Mirabelís base weapon damage by 20%.
Decreased Mirabelís Snipe recharge from 55 to 52 seconds.
Increased Mirabelís missile damage volley by 10%.
Increased Mirabelís missile speed by 10%.
Decreased Mirabelís missile range by 25%.
Increased Amplifierís movement speed by 10%.
Changed Amplifierís armor from light to heavy.
Decreased Amplifierís global cost from 450 to 400.
Decreased Amplifierís tactical cost from 900 to 800.
Decreased Amplifierís build time from 28 to 26 seconds.
Increased Amplifierís guard range by 15%.
Increased Amplifierís crush from 6 to 21.
Increased Field Inverterís FOW reveal by 15%.
Decreased Field Inverterís global cost from 600 to 500.
Decreased Field Inverterís tactical build time from 30 to 28 seconds.
Increased Field Inverterís guard range by 25%.
Increased Field Inverterís shield mode walk speed by 25%.
Increased Field Inverterís damage by 15%.
Decreased Hackerís speed by 15%
Increased Hackerís guard radius by 20%
Increased Hackerís cost from 500 to 600.
Decreased Hackerís max targeting range on lockdown ability by 15%
Increased Ohmís max attack range by 25%.
Increased Ohmís run speed by 10%.
Increased Ohmís health by 15%.
Increased Ohmís guard radius by 20%.
Decreased Corruptorís cost from 600 to 500.
Increased Corruptorís guard radius by 20%.

Hierarchy Balance Changes:

Increased Kamalís health 900.
Decreased Kamalís FOW reveal by 20%
Increased Nufaiís health from 700 to 750.
Increased Nufaiís guard radius by 15%
Increased Defilerís cost from 775 to 850.
Increased Defilerís build time from 26 to 30 seconds.
Increased Defiler popcap from 3-5 (updated)
Increased Saucerís guard radius by 10%
Increased Saucerís popcap from 3 to 4.
Decreased Saucerís build time from 30 to 28 seconds.
Decreased Saucerís cost from 825 to 750.
Increased Saucerís speed by 10%.

Masari Balance Changes:

Decreased Light Mine damage by 50% for standard and upgraded figment mines.
Increased Charos, Zessus, Alatea and Discipleís guard radius by 15%
Increased Zessusí health from 800 to 850.
Decreased Alateaís walk speed for both light and dark modes by 15%
Increased Alateaís health from 600 to 725

Chris Rubyor
Lead Designer (Mytheon)
Petroglyph

Posted Image

#2 Guest_Konan_*

Guest_Konan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

ALLAUEA (don't know how to spell it)

finally...

have a sticketh
:petroicon:

oh what the heck

*gives delphi a big hug*

Edited by Konan, 25 April 2008 - 02:04 PM.

#3 Kelathin

Kelathin

Petro Leader

• Community Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,174 posts
  • Gamertag:Kelathin
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

Delphi delivers!
Posted Image
Personal opinions are supported by personal beliefs alone. Did you know my duck avatar makes me eviler than you?
Posted Image

#4 Valdez

Valdez

(・ ω ・)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,633 posts
  • Gamertag:GFWL Valdez
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

Posted Image

Bob123456, this is what you've been waiting for.

Oh, and :wub: :wub: Multi-Core Support :wub: :wub:

View PostKonan, on Apr 26 2008, 03:04 AM, said:

ALLAUEA (don't know how to spell it)

Is that like Altea's sister or something?

Edited by Valdez, 25 April 2008 - 02:07 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Guest_Konan_*

Guest_Konan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:10 PM

View PostValdez, on Apr 25 2008, 08:05 PM, said:

Is that like Altea's sister or something?

her african-american counter part

#6 slornie

slornie

Seasoned Petrologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,202 posts
  • Gamertag:Slornie
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

Nice!  I look forward to it :D

Posted Image

RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers) said:

why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

#7 Strategist

Strategist

Defiler! Fetch!

• Global Moderator
  • 3,407 posts
  • Gamertag:Strat N8
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:33 PM

Thanks Delphi!  :petroicon:

I can finally use my precious Defilers without getting in trouble! :D

Edited by The Stratigest, 25 April 2008 - 04:21 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Foshjedi2004

Foshjedi2004

• Community Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Gamertag:RaidenFJ

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

Thanks Delphi... took me ages to find them at Sega =P Take all the glory XD

Posted Image

~ PF Moderator 2006-2009 ~

#9 Bob123456

Bob123456

Petrotopian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

Research now available in Single Player Campaign.

Nice. I think I'll play the SP campaign once more after the patch has been released.
Busting feels so good...

#10 An Apple Pie

An Apple Pie

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Gamertag:an apple pie

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:00 PM

Nice to see the notes are finally up...

I personally do not agree with quite a few of these changes/ lack of changes.

For starters, why have seers not been fixed in this patch (in regards to de-phasing units)? I mean it was missed last patch and I thought it was going to be one of the first things put into this patch. It causes so many other imbalances with the game that it is amazing that it hasn't been fixed. Without them lost ones and, to some extent, phase tanks are rather overpowerd against Masari early-mid game.

Secondly, Do you guys really think that a small increase to the defilers build time and cost will really help with how overpowered they are? I thought someone was saying that they were going to get an armor nerf. Anyways, what they really should have (on top of the current changes) is a nerf to their damage and a little to their health.

Lastly, Why are inverters the ones getting the buff against walkers? They were already the novus mid-late game powerhouse (especially against walkers). I really think that it was novus early game that needed the boost. So why not leave inverters as they were and boost AM tanks against walkers. That would help to improve novus early game and give them a chance (no matter how small that may be) of defeating an early walker rush.
Posted Image

Map Designer for A Global Conquest Mod

#11 Rogueleader89

Rogueleader89

Petrotopian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Gamertag:Rogueleader89

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:04 PM

100% agree with apple, though it is very nice to see some novus cost and buildtime reductions as well as weaker light mode figment mines.... any note as to whether or not we can expect mod tools to arrive with this patch?
Posted Image

UAW Beta:
175 wins, 9 losses

#12 Luga

Luga

Harvester of Earth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,909 posts
  • Gamertag:Mrluga

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

Nice :D Thanks Delphi, much appreciated
Posted Image

Thank you Petroglyph for being here in the dark ages of RTS gaming! May your bright torch lead the way for other developers led astray.  You make me happy as long as you stay alive, and I will dedicate my life to thee to make this dream come true!

View PostDelphi-PG, on May 13 2007, 11:39 PM, said:

Luga, your passion is unmatched.   ;)

#13 Khrin

Khrin

Disciple of Petroglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Gamertag:Khrin

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:37 PM

Delicious.

I'm not sure I fully understand the "crush" dynamic though.

Constructors gain increased crush resistance: does this mean they needn't flee conquerors?

and Amplifiers again a much higher level of crush too: does this mean they can glide over lost ones, clipping their heads off in the process? :)

#14 JAGX

JAGX

Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Gamertag:JAGX 387
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:50 PM

Nice to see that the Novus didn't get OP in the start, I was afraid of varient rushing becoming too fast!

I wouldn't mind seeing brutes get some type of buff to make me prefer them over tanks, especially considering the tech following tanks!  Also, I believe that you cannot shoot glyphs in the water, but thats no biggie.  Additionally, this is 99.9% never gonna happen, but if you have a flow network over water and your power dies when your units are over the water, they fall in and get stuck sucking up precious supply and I don't think you can sell em.  Even so, they should be killed.

But yea, def great job  :petroicon:!!!! :wub:

And Eurydium, I look forward to versing you 1v1 with the patch!  :ph34r:
Somebody's got to be the villain.

#15 HotFury

HotFury

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:53 PM

Thanks Delphi  :D

I bet Multi-core support will really help kick lag in the butt  :lol:

My guess is that this patch will come out after April 29 thereabouts. Coz that is when MS make XP SP3 go live. Since xbox360 uses XP as its OS then it would make sense for the patch to come out right after SP3 does so its all compatible with it  ;)

#16 Kelathin

Kelathin

Petro Leader

• Community Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,174 posts
  • Gamertag:Kelathin
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

View PostJAGX, on Apr 25 2008, 04:50 PM, said:

Nice to see that the Novus didn't get OP in the start, I was afraid of varient rushing becoming too fast!

I wouldn't mind seeing brutes get some type of buff to make me prefer them over tanks, especially considering the tech following tanks!  Also, I believe that you cannot shoot glyphs in the water, but thats no biggie.  Additionally, this is 99.9% never gonna happen, but if you have a flow network over water and your power dies when your units are over the water, they fall in and get stuck sucking up precious supply and I don't think you can sell em.  Even so, they should be killed.

But yea, def great job  :petroicon:!!!! :wub:

And Eurydium, I look forward to versing you 1v1 with the patch!  :ph34r:

You can shoot Glyphs that are in the water, but if you bury the glyph underwater it's hard to target. If you single click say a field inverter, comp will auto target and hit the glyph for you. Hope that helps ;)

Secondly, Do you guys really think that a small increase to the defilers build time and cost will really help with how overpowered they are? I thought someone was saying that they were going to get an armor nerf. Anyways, what they really should have (on top of the current changes) is a nerf to their damage and a little to their health.

Lastly, Why are inverters the ones getting the buff against walkers? They were already the novus mid-late game powerhouse (especially against walkers). I really think that it was novus early game that needed the boost. So why not leave inverters as they were and boost AM tanks against walkers. That would help to improve novus early game and give them a chance (no matter how small that may be) of defeating an early walker rush.

Small increase? That's ridiculously large increase in cost. Also I believe this is unmentioned but in several posts Delphi has mentioned that they went from 3-5 in popcap, I'm not sure if his is finalized or dropped due to imbalanced.

AM tanks more powerful? AM tanks already own peacebringers and Conquerors when massed, you want them more powerful? That sounds like imbalanced right there.
Posted Image
Personal opinions are supported by personal beliefs alone. Did you know my duck avatar makes me eviler than you?
Posted Image

#17 Strategist

Strategist

Defiler! Fetch!

• Global Moderator
  • 3,407 posts
  • Gamertag:Strat N8
  • Fav.†Game:

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:14 PM

View PostJAGX, on Apr 25 2008, 04:50 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind seeing brutes get some type of buff to make me prefer them over tanks, especially considering the tech following tanks!

Brutes:

Pros:
-Auto heal
-Leap (can be used to jump up or down cliffs)
-Charge (powerful ramming attack that destroys turrets in one use)
-Trample Infantry
-Death from Above (Assault 2, adds an AoE attack after a Leap that can damage aircraft)
-Immune to lock down
-Attacks are immune to redirect
-Immune to Virus
-Techtree enables Radiaton Cascade, the only superweapon that can destroy a command center and most structures in one shot.

Cons:
-expensive
-popcap of 5
-requires Mutagen-2
-unable to attack walker crown hardpoints
-must be stationary to claw targets

Phase Tank:

Pros:
-Fast
-Can attack while moving
-Weapon does splash damage
-Can traverse Water
-Irradated Shots and Volatile Reactors from Mutagen-1
-Quantum Ordnance (adds a Grunt plasma grenade effect to all plasma weapons) from Quantum-3  
-Temp. invulnerability via Phase Ability
-Techtree allows for Magnet hardpoints.

Cons:
-Requires Quantum-2
-Attacks can be redirected
-No crush ability
-Can be infected with virus
-Can be locked down
-No AA attacks or abilities
Posted Image

#18 hierarchy

hierarchy

Acolyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Gamertag:masterchief1779

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:18 PM

View PostKelathin, on Apr 25 2008, 02:12 PM, said:

AM tanks more powerful? AM tanks already own peacebringers and Conquerors when massed, you want them more powerful? That sounds like imbalanced right there.

Totally agree there already quite powerfull!

#19 renester21

renester21

Follower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Gamertag:Renester21

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

Awesome thanks delphi  :petroicon:
atleast this will help :D im tired of seeing the topic with *where is the patch or do we have patch details yet*
"War isn't about who's right, its about who's left"

#20 Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Gamertag:Hawk269

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:00 PM

Thanks!!!  

There seems to be some good changes coming.

I am a 360 player, so I am wondering what "Performance Enhancements" details?  I pretty much figured out most of the changes (I am still new to the game), but the performance enhancements is really vague...can we get a little detail on what changes you guys made to improve performance?

Thank you again Petroglyph!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users